LATIN MUSIC FLOW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATIN MUSIC FLOW

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PIT BULL NEW ALBUM THE BOAT LIFT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tom thum

PIT BULL NEW ALBUM THE BOAT LIFT Empty
PostSubject: PIT BULL NEW ALBUM THE BOAT LIFT   PIT BULL NEW ALBUM THE BOAT LIFT Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 8:34 am

PIT BULL NEW ALBUM THE BOAT LIFT Pit

Rapper Pitbull is prepping the release of his third studio album, The Boatlift, for a November release. The new album sees the Cuban rapper alongside a star-studded crew of guests and producers including Grammy Award winning duo Play-N-Skillz (Chamillionaires Ridin, Kia Shines So Krispy) on his first single, Secret Admirer, featuring R&B singer Lloyd. A video was shot and directed by David Russeau and features cameos by Fat Joe and Steven Bauer who starred as Manolo Ribera in the cult classic, Scarface.

The Boatlift showcases Pitbulls lyrical prowess as he crusades through 18 tracks penning clever and captivating visuals on each song. He fuses a diverse array of music genres together ranging from R&B influenced sounds with his first single to techno/dance inspired tracks like The Anthem, as well as songs like Midnight that are heavily mainstream/pop influenced and down South inspired tracks like Dookie.

Guest appearances include Trina, Jim Jones, Don Omar, Twista, Lloyd, Frankie J, Yung Berg, Trick Daddy, and Fabo of D4L, among others. Producers include Lil Jon, and Mr. Collipark. The albums title, however, has a deeper meaning, explains Pitbull, who says it relates to his heritage and their journey to American. Most immigrants that came to this country came through some type of boat lift, explained the rapper. This is my way of taking everybody on a ride through my eyes; this is my boatlift my way of bringing them to freedom through the universal language of music. Now lets ride.

Pitbulls last album, El Mariel, produced numerous radio hit singles such as the club anthem Bojangles, and the hit rap single, Ay Chico.

In 2004, he surpassed gold status for more than 600,000 copies sold of his debut album, M.I.A.M.I.: Money Is A Major Issue, in the U.S. It gave Pitbull the biggest-selling bilingual hip-hop debut since Cypress Hills 1991 self-titled debut, and put him in the rare category of Latino rappers who have achieved major success at English-language radio.

The Boatlift is slated for release November 27.
Back to top Go down

PIT BULL NEW ALBUM THE BOAT LIFT
Page 1 of 1